Friday, January 27, 2017

MOST WANTED: White with silver foliage designs bustier Elizabeth Taylor gown

Here is another gown in the famous bustier design that Nolan did for Elizabeth through out the mid to late 1980's.  The costumes Nolan designed for Elizabeth for her TV movie "Poker Alice" were the inspiration for what would later became Elizabeth's go to awards gown look.  Elizabeth loved the way the period gowns she wore in "Poker Alice" accentuated her body in all the right ways-- the synched in corseted waist, pushed up bosom, covered upper arms, and long flowing skirt became her staple look.  This gown is enhanced with a silver glitter foliage design through out the white fabric and rhinestones along the décolletage.

WANTED: If anyone has this gown, or any information on its whereabouts, please let me know!








1 comment:

  1. Just happened across this page (even though I've been here quite some time ago) through a link from "Google Images". I am searching for an image of Nolan Miller's design sketch for this gown. Have you ever seen it? I happen to be the current owner of this gown, and as a matter of fact, the photos of it on the mannequin are photos I took! If you know anything about the sketch, I'd love it if you'd let me know. Please do NOT use the gmail address as I very rarely use or check it. Please contact through: allant@charter.net All the best!!

    ReplyDelete