Tuesday, May 10, 2016

MOST WANTED: Red beaded with rhinestone trim Elizabeth Taylor gown

Nolan made this gown for Elizabeth Taylor's appearance on the television show "Hotel."  This design is very similar to a black beaded gown Joan Collins wore on "Dynasty" around the same time period.  Elizabeth's gown came with a matching red beaded wrap trimmed in brown mink.  It is a gorgeous gown, but this is not one of my top favorites of Nolan's creations for her.  I also don't think this bright red color suits Elizabeth's complexion as well as some of the other colors she wore.  I think this gown looks like something more for Joan on "Dynasty." Regardless, I still think it is a great and desirable piece.

WANTED: If anyone has this gown, or any information on its whereabouts, please let me know!












No comments:

Post a Comment